Let The Testing Commence

I finally got the call from NTI today to do the testing required to see if I have what it takes to be an at home customer service representative. I had to take four tests that involved filling in forms with customer information, typing skills, following directions, and remembering information.

The tests were fairly easy, and I think I did pretty good. My test results should in in NTI's hands by tomorrow morning, and they'll call me yet again for the next phase of the process. I have no idea what I'll be doing next, but I'm getting closer to working from home.

Being disabled, and going through the whole process of getting disability, feeling worthless at times, working with the DVR to get an at home job has been quite an experience. Although I consider myself a strong person, I sometimes find myself feeling less than. Less than what? I don't know, just not who or what I want to be. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I'll be earning an income soon. An income that will help support my family. There's a feeling of accomplishment now. No more feeling less than.

2 comments:

Unknown April 24, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Hi Shawn,

I love your blog. I'm new to blogging and I was wondering if you could help me with ideas on how to share with more people? Thanks so much.

Live, Laugh, Blog April 25, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

Hi Emily,
I'd be happy to help you! Just email me at livelaughblog@gmail.com, and I'll get you the information. It's easy, really. I look forward to hearing from you!
Shawn