At a Standstill

This work from home thing isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I've been working with my DVR counselor since August of last year, and it seems I'm not any closer to being employed from home that I was then.

I've done everything they've asked. Just last week, I heard back from my case worker at NTI. I followed all the steps they set forth, taking multiple tests and what not. He felt I was a strong candidate for working for one of their partners and sent me over to their website to apply.

There were seven steps to go through before being hired and to my dismay, I didn't even make it past the first one! The first step consisted of entering your personal information, computer specs, and previous employment. After entering all of that, I received an email telling me I didn't meet their requirements and that I can't apply with them again for another six months!

I think what did it is the fact that we have Vonage, a voice-over IP phone. Most at home customer service jobs will not accept that, but my case worker at NTI assured me that Vonage wasn't a problem. I think he was wrong. All of my other qualifications were spot on with what they required, so I'm guessing that is the problem.

I emailed them to ask why I was rejected since the email didn't give any reason for the rejection. So far, I haven't heard anything back yet. I don't know where to go from here. I think I'll wait a couple more days to see if they get back to me. If not, I guess I'll call my case worker back and see what he has to say. Looks like I might be starting all over from square one. That, and getting a regular land line for our telephone, which makes me mad because Vonage is so much cheaper!

0 comments: