Economic Stimulus Payment

Has anyone received theirs yet?

We haven't gotten ours yet. I know they started them early, but nothing yet.

What plans do you have for your payments? Will you pay off some bills, or maybe buy something you've had your eye on for a while? I'm interested in hearing what you will do with it. It's supposed to be a rebate that will boost the economy, and I'm wondering just how much boosting everyone plans on doing.

Comment to this post and let me know what you plan to do with the money. I can't wait to hear from you!

By the way, I don't know how much boosting I will be doing myself because the majority of my payment will be spent on bills. Credit card bills, to be exact. I'm doing away with a couple of those nasty pieces of plastic as soon as that money comes!

8 comments:

Unknown May 2, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

I'm going to get myself some new glasses (wear contacts too, so my other pair of glasses is several years old) and I want one of those all in one printer/scanner things. :-)

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

I'll probably spend the money on some junk from China. We're supposed to stimulate the economy right? Oh, we're supposed to stimulate the U.S. economy?

Unknown May 3, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Payout is based on the last two digits of your SS# so I'm not scheduled for another two weeks... However, I want a swing for my back deck. The kind that converts to a bed! I LOVE to relax! The rest we'll just tuck away and not stimulate anything but my savings account.

Angelika -- look on Buy.com for a printer/scanner. I found one where the rebate was almost what I paid. I only paid $10 for it after I received my rebate back!

Syn May 3, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Our plans are to get caught up on a couple bills, put in a fence in the backyard for the dogs and take a vacation in two weeks to northing Michigan. Then it's all gone, lol. I guess I am stimulating the economy by employing somebody to do the fence and buying the fence supplies and spending oodles on gas to go to northern Michigan (which stinks actually).

Nadine May 3, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

I have a bunch of bills too. But, I could use some interview clothes & clothes to wear to work.

Congrats on your entrecard win from my slot! I've yet to win any, and won the same as you! Thanks!

Live, Laugh, Blog May 3, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Nadine,
I had no idea that you would win the same prize as me. Very cool! I'm glad you won too!

Unknown May 4, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

I am paying off our new TV, so in turn, it is my way of boosting the economy. We bought the TV with a credit card (same as cash, baby!!) and will have it paid off super quick!

(www.lighterdreams.com/sl)

Cleveland Real Estate May 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Don't cut up your credit cards... Keep your balances low to zero... Getting rid of old lines of credit and losing that available balance can actually hurt your credit score... but paying off debt is the best thing to do with your extra $$$

I'm gonna buy a gallon of gas with mine... =)