A Funeral

Mike's mom called today. Her mother died sometime during the night last night. She was in her nineties, and living in a nursing home for the last 10+ years. I don't know all the details, but she hasn't been sick that I know of. In her nineties, she probably just passed in her sleep.

Saturday is the funeral service at the funeral home. There's the visitation, the service, a dinner, and the burial at the mausoleum. I didn't know her very well at all. I have been to the nursing home a couple of times, but mainly for the kids. They enjoyed going to see her, and she loved seeing them.

I'm not looking forward to the funeral on Saturday. Well, who does look forward to a funeral, right? Even though I didn't know her very well, I need to be there for the rest of the family that did. It'll be a long day, with lots of crying. You don't live ninety-some years and not make a couple of friends, you know?

I dread telling Rebecca when she gets home from school today. She's going to be terribly upset.

0 comments: