Girl's Night Out

Woohoo! Had a girl's night out on Friday night with my best girl friend. It was totally unplanned, but boy did I have a great time!

She showed up at my door unannounced and kidnapped me. Told me that she was taking me out for a drink and told Mike we'd be back when we got back. We didn't even get two miles away from home!

First, we went to a bar a couple miles from our house. We had a couple of drinks there, and just talked and talked. It was great to see her. She's always so busy with work, I don't get to see her or talk to her much. We've known each other for almost twenty years now, and it's nice to reconnect once in a while.

It started getting a little crowded, so we took off and headed to another bar a little closer to home. He had a couple more drinks there, and chatted with some people that she works with. It felt so good to be out of the house, laughing and talking as an adult. I don't get much call for this kind of talk being home all day, not able to get out on my own. I really enjoyed myself.

I was home by 12:30, feeling a little giggly. My head hit the pillow and I was asleep before I even knew what hit me. It was a fun night, and we made plans to do it again. Sometimes you just need to get out, let loose, and relax!

2 comments:

Ellen May 5, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Sounds like you had a blast and with your good friend. If you stay home all day I can imagine it gets very old after awhile. I'm gone all day so when I get home and don't want to go anywhere. Occasionally though I get together with good friends and enjoy an evening out.

Syn May 5, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Sounds like fun. I haven't done that in years.

I left you something over my blog, http://www.lifeofsyn.com/. Come see:)