It Cost What?

A few weeks ago, I had a skin tag removed that was in a not-so-pleasant spot. Let's just say that the elastic leg band on my underwear irritated it to the point of pain. So, I had it removed.

It was a painless "operation". Took all of five minutes from start to finish, and that included the time it took for the anesthetic to take effect. When it was all said and done, I was skin tag free, and much happier.....

Until yesterday, that is. I received an insurance statement in the mail informing me that they were not covering any part of the procedure due to the fact that it was a cosmetic procedure. Even though it was causing me pain, it was not medically necessary. WTH?!

OK, fine. It can't cost that terribly much, right?

Wrong!

It cost a whopping $268!

I don't get it. Besides the anesthetic, what else was there? The doctor barely had to use the scalpel. If I wasn't such a baby, I probably could've cut the thing off myself. I was afraid of bleeding to death, though.

All in all, I'm glad the tag is gone. But, come on. $268?

1 comments:

Syn May 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Eek! I had one for awhile up until about two weeks ago. I took it off myself:) It was kind of like pulling a zit off, lol. Put neosporin on it for awhile and that was that (I hope, lol).