It Was the Goat, I Tell You

After picking Rebecca and Timothy up from their grandparents' house today, we passed the neighbor's farm. They have the usual cows, and also a few hundred goats (Ok, maybe not a few hundred, but quite a few).

In a thoughtful voice Timothy says, "Mom, I saw a cow here today that had a bloody butt. There was a big hole."

Mike and I look at each other and Mike tells him that the cow probably just had a baby. Timothy was hearing none of the explanation. He shot it down. There was no way the cow's rear end was bloody because it just had a baby.

"It must have been a goat", he said matter of factly. "The goat head-butted the cow right in the butt!"

I asked, "How did the goat get all the way up there to head-butt the cow in the rear?"

"He jumped really high, of course. Geez, Mom! Don't you know anything?"

OK, so I don't know anything. And he has the reason for the bloody cow butt that he made up in his mind, and he was happy.

Works for me.

1 comments:

Unknown May 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Mommies don't know anything until after their children move out and all of a sudden, we are the smartest people in the world...

Chandra
www.lighterdreams.com/sl