Look Out World!

Tristan is on the road solo! He passed his driver's license test, and is now a valid license holder, complete with auto insurance.

It's funny how things changed instantly. All of a sudden, there's a new set of rules, and a new set of worries. I'm sure it's nothing any other parent of a new teenage driver goes through. I'm just trying to make sure I cover all the bases, and that he knows what his and MY limits are.

I'm trying to make him understand that driving just for the sake of driving isn't something he needs to be doing. With gas prices the way t hey are (just paid $3.63 a gallon today), he's not going to be running around for no reason.

We covered the insurance stuff and what he needs to do and who to call in the event of an accident. I think he thinks we're being silly, but better safe than sorry, I always say.

So, having given him all the tools he may need, he's off and gone, headed to the school to watch his girlfriend's softball game. I have to admit, I had tears in my eyes as he drove away for the first time......alone.

1 comments:

Ryter May 6, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Oh man.....so NOT ready for that teen driver scene. Check out my blog entry for last February...when MY kiddo hit me between the eyes about driver's ed. Heh.

http://ryterrytes.blogspot.com/2008/02/quadruple-whammy.html