Untitled

I feel so uninspired today. I think I have gardener's block. Is there such a thing?

I have all this empty space dedicated to a flower garden, packets and packets of seeds, bags of woodchips, live plants, and all these gardening tools, and not an idea one of what to do with it all. I have a picture in my head of what I want my garden to look like when it's finished, but I have no idea where to start.

You know those lush, colorful gardens you see in magazines? The ones that you know convey a feeling of relaxation if you could just walk through them? The ones that make you comment on their beauty and take your breath away? That's what I want.

I need a professional, I think. Anyone know one that will work for a home-cooked meal, because that's all I can afford?

2 comments:

Petula May 21, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

I know what you mean! I've been wanting a landscaper to come and get everything in order. Plant, cut, prune, water, design... then I could keep it up. Maybe if we both cook dinner we can hire someone. That's all I have too! :-)
Good luck with the garden.

Live, Laugh, Blog May 21, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

I have been out in the garden all day today trying to get a certain section ready to plant. The soil is so hard, it's all I can do to get it worked up. I don't have a rotatillar(sp?), so I have to do it all by hand. It hardly looks like I accomplished anything! Oh well, just gotta keep in mind the picture I have for the finished project! Good thoughts.....keep thinking good thoughts! LOL