Just Call Me Stupid

Apparently, something is broken in the part of my brain that tells me to take it easy when I'm hurt. It should be telling me, "Take it easy. Let your back heal before attempting any strenuous activity." If my brain is telling me anything remotely close to that, I either can't hear it, or I'm ignoring it.

I just can't sit still and stay down. My back has been out for almost two weeks now, and every time it starts to feel better, I do something stupid to throw it out all over again.

Yesterday, it was the bush outside my garage. The darned thing was growing out of control, and I've been wanting to trim it for a couple of weeks now. So yesterday, my back was feeling a bit better, so I trimmed the bush. Come to find out later, trimming the bush is not on the recommended list of things to do with a bad back. Then, to really make sure I was in pain this morning again, I went to the gym last night. I didn't do anything really strenuous. Just a mile on the treadmill, and four miles on the bikes, but man oh man! This morning, my back is bad!

So, in an effort to get this thing to heal, I'm officially putting myself on the injured reserve list. I'm not going to the gym. I'm not gardening. Heck, I might not even clean the house. That's what the kids are for, right? At any rate, no more vigorous activity for me until this back is completely healed.

0 comments: