Saw The Good Doctor Again Today

I went back to see my doctor again today to have my blood pressure rechecked. My headaches finally went away, and my back is feeling a bit better, so I thought I'd better get in there just in case the blood pressure thing is still there.

Well, my blood pressure is still somewhat high, borderline really. Nothing that requires medication just yet. But, according to the doctor, I'm fat. OK, he didn't actually say that, but he might as well have. It's all good, though. I know I'm fat, so it wasn't a big shocker when he confirmed that fact.

He says that if I lose about 15-20 pounds over the next 3-4 months, my blood pressure should come back into the normal range. OK, sure. I'll get right on that.

No, actually, I've been working on losing weight lately. I've been heading to the gym at least twice a week, and more if I can get there. I just don't really pay special attention to my diet like I should. Apparently, to lose weight, not only do you need to exercise, you need to watch what you eat, too. You know, burn more calories than you take in.

So, I'm watching what I eat. I started today with supper. I only had a small portion of spaghetti before heading out to the gym for some exercise. I'm really hungry now, but I'm fighting the urge to eat. Hopefully, I don't wake up in the middle of the night with a mouth full of stuffing and the corner of my pillow gone.

I really want to do this, though. I don't want to be old. I don't want to be on medication. And I sure as heck don't want to have high blood pressure. I'm probably going to be crabby, and if my family is smart, they will learn to leave me alone when I am. I don't think they realize it yet, but if I have to take this ride, I'm not going to take it alone. I'm taking all four of them along with me, like it or not. We could all stand to lose a few pounds, that is a fact.

0 comments: