Wish We Had Dental Insurance

I miss the good ole days when having a job meant having all the medical, dental, and vision insurance you needed, at no cost to you. Those were the days, huh?

Gone are the benefits necessary to stay healthy. A lot of employers don't even offer health insurance of any kind, and if they do, it usually costs the employee an arm and a leg. For instance, we do have medical insurance through Mike's employer, but nothing else. No dental. No vision. It costs us a pretty penny each month for the family plan, and then when we use it, and we use it a lot, the deductible is high. Fortunately, we are a family full of sick people, and the deductible is met easily, but that is beside the point.

Now, I've got two of us needing a dentist, and I'm at my wits end trying to find something that isn't going to require a second mortgage on our house just to go. One of the things I'm looking into is a discount dental plan. While it's not insurance, it does offer discounts on many common procedures. Ameriplan, one such provider of these discount plans, offers dental and medical plans, as well as a work from home opportunity. I suppose the money you spend at the dentist can be recouped by their work from home business.

It's tough these days just trying to stay healthy. Maybe I could do the dental work myself? All I really need is a hammer, a pair of pliers, and maybe some gauze.

0 comments: