Birthday Invitations

Tristan's birthday is coming up next month, and I was thinking of throwing him a birthday party. He'll be 20 this year, and I want to do something that shows him how proud we are of all his hard work. I'm just not sure how to go about it. Usually, we just have a family birthday party where the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins come. It's nice, but I don't think we've ever had a party with friends as well. I'd like to do something bigger this year.

I've been looking online at ordering birthday invitations, but am having a hard time finding just the right one. Everything is either too young, or too old. I guess it would help if I'd decide exactly what kind of party I want to have.

I wonder. Do I even need invitations? Is he too old for a birthday with invitations?

I think I'm putting too much thought into this party. I think I should just keep it simple. Invite the family as usual, and then maybe a few of his closest friends. Maybe a cookout? That would be easy. I could just make everything ahead of time and put it out in a buffet-type fashion.

Yeah, that sounds good. It'll be fun seeing all his old friends from high school again. Although he keeps in touch with them through texting, he doesn't actually see them because he's away at school all the time. I can't wait!

0 comments: