Where, Oh Where is Spring?

I feel gypped. Every year at this time, I look forward to the January thaw. We usually get a week of fairly mild weather, with temperatures reaching into the 40's for several days in a row. This year? We got a couple of so-so days with overcast skies, rain, wind and temps in the high 30's. I think there were two whole days where the temperatures managed to climb into the 40's, but there was no sun. Only dreary, gray skies and what? Rain.

Today, we're back to typical Wisconsin weather, where the temps struggle to climb to 20º and again, no sun. I'm really longing for spring. I need sunshine. I need warmth. I NEED to get outside and play!

This spring I'm thinking of starting a greenhouse. Nothing big, mind you, but something I can grow some plants in and give me a reason to be outside. I've been looking at some greenhouse kits and it looks totally doable. When I mentioned to Mike my plan, he just rolled his eyes. I'm not sure what the meant, but roll your eyes all you want, mister, I shall have that greenhouse! Keep rolling those eyes and there will be a sign on the door that says, "NO BOYS ALLOWED!"

0 comments: