Yuck - Turning 40 Stinks!

Things are changing, people, and I'm not happy about it. Seems like once I turned 40, my body decided to play "Opposite Day" and change everything I thought I knew about it.

For instance, my skin. It's always been oily - so much so that dry winter air never used to bother it. I never had dry skin; never had to deal with flaking or painfully itchy skin. Tis not the case now, though. This winter has been exceptionally cruel to my skin. There's flaking around my nose, and the skin on my cheeks feels like sandpaper.

So, I bought some Dermalogica Active Moist moisturizer. It's made for oily skin (which I'm not sure that my skin is still considered oily, but whatever), and so far, I like it. It seems to be taking care of the flakiness and my skin no longer feels like it could take the finish off of furniture.

The other thing I noticed sine turning 40 is my hearing - or lack there of. What the heck is going on? I find myself constantly asking, "What?" when someone talks to me. The family is starting to get irritated with repeating themselves to me, and quite frankly, I'm a little miffed myself.

Is there some switch that gets flipped when a woman turns 40? Is it all down hill from here?

0 comments: