Kid Gets Nothing for Christmas - Or So He Says

As I was browsing Facebook this morning, I came across this post and it got me thinking, "How would I handle this situation?" I'm forever telling anyone and everyone my thoughts on what's wrong with the world today, and this is a fine example. Kids today feel a sense of entitlement and it makes me sad. I don't know if this is true or not (I didn't take the time to find out), but regardless, it got me wondering how I'd handle it.

My first thoughts were that I'd be hurt. It's hard for me to imagine my kids saying something like this on Facebook or anywhere. It would break my heart.

Then, my next thought was, I'd be mad as hell - so mad in fact, I probably wouldn't have been able to write such a sad reply to his post. As one commentor says,

"How true is this? I only ask because if one of my kids pulled this shit, I don't think I'd be able to control my anger long enough to write a sweetly articulate little comment like that. I'd be too busy taking every single thing my kid enjoys and setting it on fire (only to later regret it and wish I'd held a garage sale)."

That sounds about right to me. But would I really? I don't know. I hope I never have to find out because I think more than anything, I'd be devastated.

How would you feel and how do you think you'd handle a situation like this?
 

0 comments: