Fire! Fire!

These are the words I hear as Mike comes flying through the door from the garage. He runs to the sink, grabbing a glass and filling it with water.

"What's wrong?" I ask.
"The car is on fire!" he yells at me and runs out the door with the glass of water.

I get a bucket out from under the sink and start filling it with water. Mike comes back in, grabs the bucket and runs back out.

I fill another bucket and run out to the garage. Mike's standing there, breathing heavy, with an empty bucket in his hands. Smoke is coming from the car's wheel well.

"What happened?" I asked.
"I was trying to heat a bolt with the torch to get it lose. The insulation caught fire," he said.

Seeing that the fire was out, I rolled my eyes at him and went back inside.

I wonder if our insurance covers stupidity?

1 comments:

Unknown April 27, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Don't think so. LOL!

What an experience.