Getting Into Shape

It's that time of year again. Time to get moving and get some of this winter weight off. Last summer, I managed to take forty pounds off just by walking and eating less. Over the winter, I managed to put ten pounds back on just from lack of exercise. I never want to be as heavy as I was before I lost the weight, so it's time to get moving!

Tristan is a big fitness nut. He's into every sport he can possibly be in, and in the weight room at the school at least three times a week. Last night, I decided to join him in the weight room and let me tell you, I KNOW this morning that I was there last night!

I started out on the treadmills, walking a mile. Then, I moved over to the ellipticals, where they kicked my butt! I only managed ten minutes on there, but burned twice as many calories as ten minutes on the treadmill. Then I moved over to the bikes where I rode two miles. By the time I was done, my legs were weak and shaky, I was sweating, and tired. Enough for one night.

I do feel good having done something for myself for a change. I'll be going back tomorrow with Tristan. He's a good motivator, and I think this is going to be a regular thing for the summer. Once my body gets used to moving again, I'm going to throw a little light weight lifting into the mix, too. I'm hoping to take another forty pounds off by the end of the summer.

Wish me luck!

0 comments: