Weddings and Gifts

I'm in the process of cleaning out some old stuff that's just been lying around for years. No need to keep things you haven't even looked at in years, right? Well, mostly right. I came across a music box that I had forgotten about. Three of us bridesmaids received them as bridesmaid gifts. That was such a great day, and the music box brought back a lot of wonderful memories.

There were a couple of other things I couldn't bear to part with, so back in the box they went. One was my first son's first baby rattle. My mom bought it for him. She was so proud of her first grandchild. It was only the first of many toys she spoiled him with. Another treasure I found that I had forgotten about was a set of salt and pepper shakers that used to belong to my great-grandmother. She's been gone now for many years, but the shakers serve as a reminder of her. I have never used them, but I will keep them forever.

So, a day of cleaning became filled with nostalgia, and I really didn't get accomplished what I set out to do. But, I feel good somehow. I miss those days, and those people, but the memories attached to those things are priceless.

0 comments: