If It Weren't For Bad Luck

Last week was not a good week for me. I started with a headache sometime last weekend. Nothing major, just a nagging headache that seemed to hang out above my right eye and on top of my head on the right side. No big deal. I just took some ibuprofen and that should've been it.

No such luck. By Wednesday, I still had the headache and it was starting to wear thin on my nerves. Ibuprofen couldn't touch it. Tylenol, I might as well not have even bothered, and Excedrin Migraine was useless. I went to bed with a headache and woke up with the same one. I was tired, wore out, and beat all at the same time.

Thursday, while cleaning the toilet and getting ready for company on Saturday, I threw my back out. Sounds strange, I know, but it's true. I was on my knees, leaning over the toilet cleaning behind it. When I stood up, I heard and felt something pop. Even today, five days later, I'm still having problems walking without looking like I've got something stuck up my butt, and it hurts like a son-of-a-gun. Again, ibuprofen doesn't help.

I finally went to the doctor on Friday for my headache. The nurse takes my blood pressure and tells me it's a tad high. The doc takes it, like, five more times and tells me the same thing. I was concerned since I've never had anyone tell me my blood pressure was high. He tells me he's not sure if the headache/backache is causing the high blood pressure, or if the high blood pressure is causing the headache. He gives me some Fioracet to help with the headache and tells me to come back next week when the headache is gone to have my blood pressure checked again.

So, here I am today. The headache is still there, although not as bad. I took two of the Fioracet last night before bed and couldn't keep my eyes open half an hour later. Needless to say, I slept well last night, but still have the headache today. Although my head is somewhat better, my back isn't as cooperative. I feel like I'm about a hundred years old, and I don't like it.

2 comments:

Shades of Pink August 18, 2008 at 8:57 PM  

Hi I found your blog through entrecard and this post caught my attention. Your headache sounds like a migraine just based on your description. I'm a long time migraine sufferer so I can sympathize. I take Excedrin Migraine for mine and it is the only thing that works for me. I've tried everything.
I hope you're feeling better. You have a nice site here.

Petula August 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

I hope you are feeling better! Keep us posted. I like the look of your blog... I guess I haven't been by for awhile. Sorry 'bout that! :)