Is It Thick And Creamy?

Get your minds out of the gutter! I'm talking about macaroni and cheese here.

I don't get it. My kids have always loved macaroni and cheese. I could buy any brand, and they'd eat it all up and ask for more.

Recently, Timothy has gone on a macaroni and cheese strike, refusing to eat it unless it's Walmart's brand of thick and creamy. What the heck?

Now, this wouldn't be a problem, except I have a cupboard full of macaroni and cheese that isn't Walmart's brand of thick and creamy. I try to make it when he's not looking and pass it off as thick and creamy, but he's too smart for that. It worked one time, but he caught on before finishing his bowlful.

"Hey! This isn't thick and creamy!" And that was that. What was left in his bowl went in the garbage, and he spent the rest of the afternoon complaining that he was hungry because lunch was terrible.

Today for lunch, I made Kraft macaroni and cheese, because as far as I'm concerned, Kraft is the king of all macaroni and cheese. After all, it's the cheesiest, right?

Not so in Timothy's world.

I'm down to two remaining boxes of non-thick and creamy macaroni. Maybe I'll try to sneak it in as a side dish one night with supper just to get rid of it. From now on, it looks like we're a Walmart brand thick and creamy eating family.

0 comments: