Facebook Can Be Good

If you're a parent and you're lucky enough to have a son or daughter add you as a friend on Facebook, you can use it to your advantage.

Not only can you make sure they are behaving, you get first-hand knowledge of what's going on in their teen-age lives. Kids change their statuses more than they change their underwear. One second they are dating this guy, and the next they aren't. After that, they might be best friends with Marcy today, but hate her guts the next. They put it all on the FB.

This is where parents can get the truth about what their children are doing and feeling. I just found out that my daughter went from "in a relationship" to "single." Now, she wouldn't have told me, but as I scanned through my wall, I saw the status change.

I went upstairs, found her crying on her bed, and was able to hug her and tell her everything will be alright. I don't expect she believed me, but at least I know now why she may be crabby tomorrow.

Facebook does hold potential.

0 comments: