Hand Dryers. Not Just For Hands

While Christmas shopping today at Walmart, I had to break for a bit to use the bathroom. Upon entering the bathroom, all seemed normal. It was just me, as far as I could tell, and a lady changing her baby on the changing table-thingy they have in restrooms now.

By the way, I'm glad to see these things in the bathrooms now. Sure beats having to change your baby on the cold tile floor of the handicapped stall like we used to have to do.

Anyway, I came out of the stall and proceeded to wash my hands. As I stood at the row of hand dryers, rubbing my hands together, the mother picks her baby up and holds him (definitely a him) under the warm flow of air to dry his butt.

She looks at me and says, "He gets diaper rash if his ass ain't dry."

Just like that. As if everyone uses the hand dryers to dry their babies' butts.

She dried his butt, diapered it back up, and went on her way.

I think the baby liked it.

0 comments: