Soft Mint Peppermint Sticks

One of my favoritest (is that even a word?) things in the world is those soft peppermint sticks that are only available at Christmas time. I normally hate peppermint. But, these wonderful sticks of pepperminty-sugary goodness beat any and all peppermint every invented.

Of course, now that I'm diabetic, I shouldn't be eating them, but....

I tried to resist the first time I spotted them on the shelf at Walmart at the beginning of the holiday season. I didn't even buy any that first time. But, the second time? It was just too much. I bought 3 boxes.

Memories of my mom and I sharing a box or 5 at Christmas when I was a kid kept replaying in my mind as I contemplated buying them. It was kind of like a special treat only her and I shared because my dad and brother didn't like them. That, and deviled eggs. I tell ya, those guys just don't know what they are missing!

Any, as I write this post, I am munching on one. It leave my breath minty and my taste buds happy. My mind wanders back to childhood with each bite I take.

Funny how something so simple can arouse the senses like that.

I think I'll have another.

0 comments: