What Will They Think of Next?

One of the things that scares me most is identity theft. I'll come right out an tell ya. I'm broke. I have nothing. But, even so, I still like to protect myself as much as possible.

I just saw a video online that originally aired on Fox News not too long ago about the new way thieves are getting your credit card numbers. It's easy, and oh so scary for the public this shopping season.

They can now read your credit card, through your wallet/purse just by skimming past you with their little device.

Seriously.

In the store, they don't even have to see it. A lot of new credit cards are equipped with a radio frequency chip that emits the number, expiration date, etc into the air. The thieves have a device that picks up those frequencies and saves them. They later make fake cards and go shopping. On your dime!

There is this new rfid wallet on the market made just to combat this kind of crime. Rfid stands for radio frequency ID. It's got a special radio frequency protectant built into the wallet that keeps the less-than-trustworthy from confiscating your credit card information. They also have sleeves, too. They fit right over your credit card and into your wallet, making it impossible for your info to get out.

I don't know about you, but I'm ordering a few of my own. What better way to say Merry Christmas or I love you than to protect your family and friends financially?

0 comments: