Acne at 39?

I just realized today that I actually have more acne now than I did as a teenager. How the heck is that even possible? I used to think that only teenagers got pimples and needed acne scar treatments. Them and those that neglect their skin. But, I am neither a teenager or a neglect-er. And yet, I still get pimples.

What the heck is up with that?

Seems I remember my mother having acne well into her 30's. Maybe even 40's. I'm not sure of the time frame. Is this a genetic thing? If so, thanks Mom.

I'm getting quite tired of it, I tell you. I see other women my age with clear skin and wonder what they think of me with my pimples and red blotches. Do they think I don't wash? God, I hope not.

When does it get better? Will I be 90 and still having pimples? I've never seen anyone that age with pimples, but then again, I don't see anyone my age around here with pimples, either. Just me.

Oh how lucky I am.

1 comments:

Aries January 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

I have pimples even now in my 40s. The Chinese calls pimples as "youth beans" so if you still gets pimples it could mean that you are still young, with the young skin. LOL! Have a nice day to you.