Geocaching

Ever heard of it?

Me either. Until my sister-in-law introduced me to it a few months ago. It's where someone hides a weather-proof container somewhere outside and then leaves clues online as to where it can be found. Searchers use truck gps or some other navigational device to find the "cache" or container. Usually the cache contains a logbook that the person who finds it signs and dates. It's like a high-tech game of hide-and-seek.

Anyway, she and my nieces do it all the time. She even bought a new GPS just to do it. Sometimes, people even leave little trinkets for trade in the box. The idea is, if you take a trinket from the cache, you replace it with something else. Sounds like fun. You know, the whole thrill-of-the-hunt sort of thing. I'm thinking about riding along with them next time they head out on one of their excursions. Who know? Maybe it'll become my new past-time.

Won't Mike love that? Since I can't drive, he'll be my chauffeur!

0 comments: