All I Want For Christmas

Tim came up to me the other day and said, "I want a guitar for Christmas."

Just like that. Out of the blue. I never knew he wanted to learn to play. Other than singing along with his iPod when he thinks no one is listening, I've never seen him express any interest in learning a musical instrument.

This is all fine and dandy, except I have no clue how to play a guitar. I once tried to learn when I was young. My mom plays and she tried to teach me, but I soon learned that it took too much effort and I had no interest in effort at that age. To this day, I can still feel the pain of my sore fingertips.

I've been doing some research and found a site online that will teach you guitar easy songs. Some are free, and others you have to pay for, but it looks like it could actually teach you (or your son) how to play the guitar. At least the basics, anyway.

I'm going to consider this further, because this kid is so hard to buy for!


0 comments: