Christmas is only 47 Days Away

Can you believe it? I sure can't! The good news is, I've already started my shopping. Instead of waiting until the week of, I've already gotten Christmas gifts, and am almost done with one child! That, my friends, is progress, and not procrastination.

I'm pretty proud of myself, actually. I abhor Christmas shopping and ALWAYS put it off until I can't any longer. Of course, by then, all the good stuff is gone, and the kids end up with a screwdriver set and underwear for gifts.

OK, that's not entirely true. The one time I gave them underwear as a gift, they thanked me, and wore them. At least I think they wore them. I could tell by their looks though, that underwear was not a preferred gift at Christmas time and have never given it again.

I don't know what's wrong with kids. I happen to like brand new underwear.

So, with our newly remodeled living room, and most of the Christmas shopping done already, I am actually looking forward to the holidays this year, which is a total shock to me. I usually associate the holidays with stress, too much food, and not enough time.

Here's to hoping for a good holiday season this year!

0 comments: