Back To Reality

Well hello there! I see everyone survived the holiday season and is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Did you all have a good Christmas? And New Years? Did you party like it's 1999, or did you stay in and hide under the covers hoping the new year would come in without incident?

Me? Well, being the big partier that I am (NOT!), I stayed home, watched some TV and actually managed to stay up until just slightly after midnight. For the first time in....I can't remember......I actually got to see the New Year in. How exciting!

Now, all the Christmas decorations are put away, thank God! I put them up so early this year, that by the time Christmas was over, I couldn't wait to get them out of my sight. For some reason, my family thinks under the Christmas tree is an appropriate place to store everything they own. And not just their new gifts, either. When I took the tree down, there was a doughnut shaped pile of "stuff" ranging from new clothes to dirty ones, shoes (no one got new shoes for Christmas this year), and a variety of other things, mostly not new. Taking the tree down and putting everything away took less time than sorting through the junk I found under the tree. The good news is, I did manage to find Tim's long-lost inhaler buried under the tree. Apparently, one of the dogs found it first, chewed it a bit, then hid it under there. Luckily, it still worked. Unfortunately, he will have to be careful when using it to avoid slicing his lips off on the chewed mouthpiece.

So, it's time to get back to reality.....a bit of normalcy sound good right about now. As much as I enjoy the holidays, and this year was exceptionally enjoyable, getting back into a normal routine feels refreshing. The kids went back to school this week, which they weren't happy about. I, on the other hand, could have danced a little jig when the bus pulled away with them on it. As a matter of fact, a little squeal of joy might have escaped my lips at that very moment. I really don't remember.

Mike returned to work this week as well, only to discover that he got a big, fat raise on payday! How's that for a New Year surprise? I'm so proud of him I could bust. He works so hard, and deserves it so much. I'm just so glad he enjoys his job and they appreciate the work he does.

So, there you have it. It's business as usual once again. I wonder how long it will be before I get bored and wish for something exciting to happen again?

0 comments: