Sometimes We Learn Things We'd Rather Not

I don't think a day goes by that I don't wonder what's wrong with the world and the people in it. Something bad always happens that just makes you shake your head in confusion.

I just read an article about bath salts. Yeah, I like them, too. There's nothing better than a nice hot bath full of luxurious, relaxing bath salts after a hard day. You emerge smelling and feeling better.

Unfortunately, about three words into the article, I realized what I thought bath salts were, was not what this article was talking about. Have you ever heard of a drug called "bath salts?" Seriously, there is a bath salt abuse addiction rehab treatment center in Miami that specializes in treating the often fatal addiction.

I have never heard of such a thing as bath salts!

Apparently, this drug causes hallucinations (both hearing and visual), severe anger issues, hypertension, hyperthermia, increased heart rate, insomnia, increased sex drive, panic attacks, and death.

Why in the world would anyone purposely impose upon themselves these kinds of reactions? Besides the increased sex drive, none of it sounds like any kind of fun. And death? It's scary stuff.

This leaves me shaking my head in confusion. I just don't get it.

0 comments: