Maternity Dresses

I don't get it. I just don't. What has happened to maternity clothes these days? Am I the only one that has issues with today's fashions?

Let me explain. At the risk of sounding like my mother and saying, "When I was pregnant...."

But, when I was pregnant, the proper thing to wear was big, flowing dresses and tops akin to a small tent. You know, nothing that was too constricting, and definitely nothing that showed every single bulge and curve. I mean, I'm all about pregnancy being a beautiful thing, but I see nothing beautiful about wearing skin-tight clothing that shows your outie belly button poking out from your belly like a done turkey.

I watched last week's episode of Desperate Housewives and was shocked 1.) because Julie showed up pregnant, and 2.) because the outfit she had on was just horrible. No pregnant woman should wear something so form-fitting that far along in her pregnancy.

Call me old-fashioned. Go ahead. It's okay.

Having said all that, I'll admit I'm living in the past, and thank God that this really isn't my concern anymore because I'm not having any more children. If I had to wear what is fashionable today, I'd just as soon go naked!

If you're in the market for some maternity clothes, and actually like the trendy fashions of today, check out babiesnbellies for maternity dresses.

Okay, okay. I'll be honest. The clothes are cute. And, the models do look alright in them, but I still have a problem picturing myself at the end of each of my pregnancies, looking like a beached whale, dressed in anything form-fitting. I just can't imagine it being a pleasant sight for anyone!

0 comments: