Things That Make You Go "Hmmmm"

While riding on the highway a couple of days ago, I saw something that made me go, "Hmmmm."

I went "hmmm" because it was beyond me as to how this driver could continue down the road with the thule ski rack that was attached on the top banging the roof of his car like a drum. Seriously. I could visibly see that the rack had come loose from its bindings, and was flapping up and down as he drove down the road. Now, I'm not sure how these things are actually attached to the roof of a car, but I'm pretty sure they are solid if done so correctly.

I told Mike that maybe we should signal him in some way to let him know. Mike told me no, and that if he chose to ignore the racket caused by the ski rack banging up and down, that was his problem. I left it alone after that, but continued to watch the rack as it vibrated and flapped in the wind for several miles before the driver took an exit and drove out of sight.

I wonder if he made it to where he was going with all of his ski equipment in tact?

0 comments: