Death By Guacamole

Mike thought he'd be all "let's surprise the wife and take her to her favorite restaurant for supper" and gain some points for himself last night. What started out to be a well-intentioned, do-something-nice-for-the-wife thing turned into a night from hell.

He surprised me by taking me to my favorite restaurant....Mexican food. I love Mexican food. I could eat it all day, every day. The sad part of this story is that I may never be able to eat there again.

I got about half way through my meal when the pains started. At first I thought maybe I had eaten too much and asked for a to go box to take the rest home. By the time I got home, the pains were so bad that I couldn't sit up, and any movement caused my stomach to do flip-flops and grumble....loudly. It was pure hell. I went to bed at 7pm, almost in tears, thinking I'd be making a trip to the emergency room before the night was through.

At about 3:30 this morning, I felt a touch better. At least the pain was gone, but my stomach still felt queasy and my head was still swimming. I went back to bed and by the time I got up at 7:30, I felt mostly human again. I'm still in no mood to eat anything. The thought sends my stomach into overdrive again, but for the most part, I feel better.

The only thing I can think is that the guacamole I ate was bad. It's the only thing different that I ate that no one else ate.

Note to self: no more guacamole......ever.

0 comments: