It's Like Changing Underwear.....

I can't begin to tell you how stressful it is to have all three of my children "into" the opposite sex now. It was cute at first. You know, when they come home from school and say, "So and so likes me," or "I like so and so." But, now that they are getting older, "dating" seems to be a part of their daily lives.

The amount of drama these kids are involved in just amazes me. I wonder sometimes how they have time for school, when so-and-so likes so-and-so, but so-and-so doesn't like them back, so so-and-so spent two periods in the bathroom crying. Or Julie is mad at Katie because Katie was flirting with the boy Julie likes, and now they aren't speaking.

Or today's story according to Tim:

Cullen likes this girl, but she doesn't like him back. I may end up going out with her instead because she said she likes me, but I have to hang out with her first before she'll say yes. Cullen's going to be mad at me.

He's in 6th grade, for Pete's sake!

I have to laugh a little when they say they are "dating" someone, or "going out" with someone. They don't actually date or go out. They aren't old enough to do that, but that's what they call it.

Oh, and Facebook! I have some of my kids' friends on my Friends List on Facebook. They will start dating someone, and within two days tops, they are already saying "I love you" or "I love so-and-so" on their walls. Then, when they break up, they hate them.

I wonder, was I ever like this? Did I partake in all the drama at one time, too? How embarrassing if I did.....

0 comments: