US Mint

I remember as a kid admiring my dad's coin collection. He had pages and pages full of gold and silver coins of all shapes and sizes. I thought they were so pretty and loved looking at them all the time. Once, I asked him why he had so many "monies" in a book and not in his pocket like his other "monies." He told me that they weren't for spending, but only to look at because they were worth lots of money. I didn't understand it at the time, but now can appreciate their beauty and worth. I don't know what ever happened to that coin collection. I don't think he's added to it in years.

I like to spend a lot of time just browsing the Internet. I'll do searches for random things, usually when I'm bored (which isn't very often! Who has time to be bored nowadays?) One site I came upon that brought back these old memories is Golden Eagle Coins. I spent quite some time just browsing through their selection of gold and silver coins, Morgan Silver Dollars, proof sets, us mint sets, and modern commemoratives. I tell you, it brought back that feeling of awe as I scrolled through the beautiful coins. I hadn't thought about that coin collection in years. Maybe the next time I visit my parents, I'm going to ask about my dad's old coin collection. I think I'd like to look through it again.

0 comments: