The Men's Junk Aisle

A little while ago, I posted about how Tim was in need of a new cup for baseball. Well, we took him to Walmart the other day to buy a new cup, but the trip did not go as one would expect.

While I shopped in the grocery section, Mike and Tim went off in search of the baseball stuff. I figured they're men, they can handle choosing the right cup and whatnot, so I left them to their own vices. When I met up with them later, this is what ensued.

Me: Did you find what you were looking for?

Tim: Yes, Mom. He rolled his eyes at me like, "We really don't need to talk about it."

Me: Let me see it. I want to make sure you got the right one.

Tim: It's fine, Mom. We got the right one.

Me: Give it. I hold out my hand and he slams the package in it, rolling his eyes again. Well, this isn't the right size, I say.

Tim: It's fine, Mom. Can we just go?

Me: No, we have to go back and look at what they have. This one is too small. Look, it says Youth Small. You're bigger than a youth small. Look at the weight on the back. I show him the package and he rolls his eyes again.

Tim: Mom! My boys don't weigh that much! Besides, how am I supposed to know how much they weigh? I don't see a scale around anywhere to check, either.

Me: Laughing.....Tim! It's not how much your boys weigh. It's how much you weigh. Let's go. Where is the baseball aisle?

Tim: Don't you mean the men's junk aisle? He said this with a sly grin on his face.

Me: Whatever, let's go.

Walking along the back of the store, past the electronics department where everyone in the store is shopping it seems......

Tim: ♫ Here we go to the men's junk aisle, the men's junk aisle, the men's junk aisle ♫ He even throws in a skip or two for good measure.

I can only imagine what the other shoppers were thinking.....

0 comments: