An X-Factor Contestant?

Photo: freedigitalphotos.net
Oh, things have been interesting around our house the past few months, to put it mildly. From Rebecca's continued seizures to Tim's star status on the football field, to Tristan's decision to "take a year off" and NOT go back to college this Fall. There's never a dull moment, that's for sure. It's so exciting around here that I may need to start taking anti-anxiety meds just to stay sane!

Taking a year off to me means, "I'm never going back." He tells me that he is going back, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it. There's been talk about him trying out for X-Factor, but really, what kind of life goal is that? Maybe I should buy him one of the Shure Microphones so he can get used to the feel? Would that be supportive enough?

We're seeing a new doctor for Rebecca. Supposedly an astronomical doctor that will get her fixed right up in no time. I sure hope so, because dealing with a teenage girl is bad enough, add a few seizures into the mix and you instantly dealing with Depression Central. She's strong, but it's really tough not being able to do all the things your friends are doing, and in just 5 short months she's supposed to get her driving permit. NOT looking forward to that because it won't happen at that time for sure.

On a good note, Tim had an awesome football season. His team went 5-2 with him making some really big plays including sacking a quarterback or three several times. It's always fun watching him come alive on the field. Next step, wrestling and I can't wait!

0 comments: