From X-Factor to UFC in Less Than a Week

Now, I'm all for being a supportive parent. A dream-squasher, I am not, but I do believe my oldest son has lost his mind. To be honest, I think he's trying to find his way in this world and isn't quite sure what he wants to do.

This week, he wants to become a UFC fighter and make lots of money. He's planning to take classes to learn mixed martial arts and learn fighting techniques.

Here's my response: You want to do what?!!!

"You'll come watch me fight, right Mom?" he asked me last night.

"Um......I don't know. I'm not fond of the idea of watching my son get his face smashed in," I replied as I fought back the nausea threatening to travel up my esophagus.

Seriously, what mother could stand such a thing? I just don't see the point of beating the crap out of each other for the heck of it. Make lots of money? Do UFC fighters even make enough money to make all the pain and doctor bills worth it? Do insurance companies even cover purposeful injuries?

God, this is going to be a long Winter.

Photos: Eva Rinaldi Celebrity and Live Music Photographer & Kaloozer via flickr

0 comments: