In the Hospital

So, here I sit in the hospital an hour and a half away from my house, with Rebecca. She's been admitted for a three-day stint to get new meds to try to control her seizures. Me? I'm the lucky parent and/or guardian who gets to spend it with her.

Lucky for me, I can work from anywhere, being the freelance writer that I am. Woohoo! No need for days off for Shawn.

It really isn't all that bad. I mean, I'm not at home, which is a good thing because a rarely get out. So, there's that.....

All kidding aside, I'm really hoping this unorthodox treatment works. Supposedly, she could come out of this hospital with no more seizures. I can't imagine how that will be if it's true. For me, I will have to adjust and refrain from following her around and asking every 5 seconds if she's alright. For her, the relief will be astronomical.

So, I suppose three days of boredom is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

0 comments: