Wisconsin, The Windy State

Wind! That's all we've had here lately. And not just a slight breeze, either. I'm talking, blow you away as soon as you step out the door, wind. While the temperatures have been warmer, the wind is still making it feel a bit chilly.

I've got a ton of yard work to do, and some damage control because of the wind. Have you ever tried raking leaves and dead grass in the wind? It kind of defeats the purpose. I have this archway/trellis thing in my flower garden that I've been thinking of taking down. Well, I don't have to think about it anymore. A couple of nights ago, our hurricane force winds took it down for me, and now I can't get into my flower garden. The strong winds took the screen right off Timothy's window that night, too. I have no idea where that is.

Honestly, I don't know why Chicago is called the windy city. Obviously whoever gave it that nickname had never been to Wisconsin!

0 comments: