Ode To My Vacuum Cleaner

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

You suck up the dog hair that rolls across the floor like tumbleweeds and threatens to attack the cat.

Your attachments reach places I cannot without a chair.

You draw out the dirt that my children grind into the carpet because they refuse to wipe their feet, or take their shoes off for that matter.

You give me a laugh when I turn you on and the cat runs from the room like his tail is on fire.

You provide entertainment for the dog when he chases you while I vacuum.

You are a great source of annoyance when my husband has ticked me off and he's trying to watch TV.

You are a good punishment for my children when they're grounded. They despise housework, but you shouldn't take it personally. They hate the mop, too.

Oh vacuum, what would I ever do without you? You are so much more than just a cleaning tool.

0 comments: