Glad This Weekend Is Almost Over

It's been a long, tiring weekend, and I'm glad it's coming to an end. Mike's been fishing in a tournament all weekend. He's up (which means I'm up) at around 2am the past three mornings to go fishing. Timothy has been up with him for two of those mornings.

Last night was an annual party we go to every year. We were up too late, had too much fun, and up early again this morning. Mike headed out around 3:30am this morning. I went back to sleep until 7am, at which time, I got the boys up, got dressed, took five dogs out (we're dog sitting too, for two weeks!), and managed to get to the ball park on time for Timothy's game at 8am.

The game too twice as long, it was hot, and I was in no mood to play 'soccer mom' today. We finally got home, and Tristan and Timothy took off again to go to a parade and a picnic. Mike is still on the lake, but will be home in a little bit to take me back down to the fishing tournament for the raffle drawings and such. I don't really want to go, but it is an annual things we always do, so I'll go. Besides, they have great chicken sandwiches there.

I'm looking so forward to tomorrow. A regular work week, with a normal schedule. All this running around and lack of sleep used to be okay. But, the older I get, the happier I am to just sit at home and enjoy the peace and quiet. Let those young'ens run around all over all the time. I'll just sit here and chill.

0 comments: