Hookers, Hooters, and Honkers

This was the topic of conversation at the supper table last night.

Becky said something about a honker, but Tim thought she said hooker. This proceeded to a small discussion about whether she actually said "hooker" or not.

Tim: Yes you did.

Becky: No I didn't. Mom, tell him I said honker.

Mike: I have a big honker on my face.

Becky: DAD!

Tim: What about hooters?

Me: Tim, that is not appropriate conversation at the table. Neither is hookers. As a matter of fact, these topics are not suitable anytime from the likes of you.

Tim: But, I'm talking about the restaurant Hooters.

Me: I don't care.

Mike: How do you spell honker? H-O-K-E-R....

Me: H-O-N-K-E-R

Becky (laughing at Mike): DAD!

Me: This is going to make a good blog post.

Tim: You better not say anything about me in it.

It doesn't get any better than this at our dinner table. If you eat with us, be prepared to discuss the most outrageous, off-the-wall things. They may make sense, but most likely will not.

0 comments: