If The Dress Fits

Normally, I'm a jeans and sweatshirt kind of girl. Actually, jeans is a bit dressy for me most days. It's usually a pair of jogging pants and a sweatshirt as my ensemble. Nothing frilly or dressy for me.

No thank you.

Having said that, I do have a weird "thing." I love to look at magazines and websites that display/sell special occasion dresses. I love looking at all those beautiful dresses and imagining what I'd look like in them. Then, I imagine a fairytale wedding in which I'm wearing this huge white dress with a long train.

So long, it has to be carried by little munchkins. My flower girl skips down the aisle in front of me in pigtails, throwing rose petals to carpet my path.

Then, as I get to the front of the church, my husband, who has no face because he's not the important part here, is waiting. Everyone begins clapping because I'm so incredibly beautiful in my dress. My husband disappears along with everyone else in the wedding party and it's just me up there, arms stretched out to the sides welcoming the applause.

Then, I wake up and realize I'm still sitting in my sweats.

It's such a let down.

But, I do it again. And again. And again.

0 comments: