I Wonder

I went to the doctor today for a check up. You know, the usual diabetes, high blood pressure stuff. I hate going, mainly because I hate being told that I need to lose weight. I feel like saying, "Duh! It's not like I haven't looked in a mirror recently!" I know I need to lose weight. I know it would be beneficial to my health, both diabetic and blood pressure- wise. The problem is, it's just too freakin' hard!

I have to go back in 3 months. I supposed I need to get my rear in gear and focus on shedding some of this weight before then so I can hear something positive for a change when I go. I already turned over a new leaf tonight. I gave my trail mix, complete with several different flavors of candy chips, to my Rebecca. She's always sneaking into my office to steal a handful here and there anyway. And, I gave my favorite chips and salsa to Tristan. I normally hide it from him in my office. Otherwise, he'd eat it all in one sitting. It's his now. He needs it. He's a stick.

I discussed my wrist/hand pain with the doc as well. Could be arthritis. Could be tendonitis. Either is possible, but since I type so much for my job, I wonder if I could get workman's compensation from my employer? Just because I work from home doesn't mean that shouldn't apply, right? Maybe I should get me an attorney like the Texas Workplace Injury Attorney. Somehow, I just don't think a 20 hour a week job with no benefits will compensate me for my pain. I guess I'll just wait until I'm completely crippled before I do anything.

So, today begins a new chapter in my life. We shall see how long it lasts.

4 comments:

Lisa June 29, 2011 at 2:30 AM  

Boy, could I relate to this post! I go through the same thing whenever I go to the Dr. for a checkup. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!! I'm trying to make some changes, too, but still...it's not like we don't know what we have to do, right? Keep on, keepin' on, I say, and do the best we can! Come "visit" at my blog place! Love to have you!

Live, Laugh, Blog June 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM  

Thanks for stopping by, Walfordwench2! I know I'm not the only one in this situation. For goodness sakes, the U.S. is the most unhealthy country there is, but it doesn't make it any easier. Actually, today my attitude is a little more positive since I wrote that post yesterday. It is 8:30am here and I have already gotten dressed, ate breakfast(which consisted of one egg, turkey sausage, a slice of cheese all on one slice of toasted bread), took a 1 1/2 mile walk, and did the supper dishes from last night. I'm going to show that doctor! And, if I happen to get healthier and feel better in the process, that's just bonus for me!

Lisa June 30, 2011 at 12:08 AM  

I am such a moron! I didn't realize until I got your answer back that I hadn't completed my profile yet, so that's why you got the "walfordwench" name. Duh! I'm Lisa, so when I comment that's how it'll come across from now on! Geez!

Anyway...good for you for starting to get on track and do what you need to do to get healthier! I do okay with the food part, it's the exercise part I have problems with. Ugh! Oh, well; I'll get going soon, I think! Take care!

Live, Laugh, Blog June 30, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

Well, it's nice to meet you, Lisa! My name is Shawn. Thanks for the comments, and it's good to "talk" with someone who understands what I'm going through. Change isn't easy, but sometimes you have no choice, ya know? I'm not going to promise that I'll stick with it because who knows what tomorrow brings, but a good, positive attitude hopefully helps. That, and a doc that has no problem telling you that you're fat. He's tough, but honest. LOL Hope you stop by again soon!

Shawn