I Must be the Only Sane One Here

In the last two months, I have received two......count them........two birth announcements in the mail from old high school friends that I sort of keep in touch with. I am almost 40 years old, and one of these ladies is older than me! And they are having babies!

Real, live, eating, pooping, screaming babies! Are they insane?

I must be missing that part of a woman that tells her she should be stupid and have another baby at the age of 40, because I sure as hell am not thinking about birthing no more babies. Hell, I'm just living for the day when my kids grow up and get the hell out of my house so I can enjoy MY time.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore my children. I love them more than anything in this world, but come on. There comes a time when they grow up and move on, and life begins again for Mom. I can't wait for that day.

And, I am looking forward to grandbabies. Grandbabies I can spoil and send home and not have to worry about them. Yes, grandbabies are the way to go if you want babies later in life.

0 comments: