Will I Survive?

I just don't like this Internet thing. I really don't. At least not for my children. It's too risky. And iffy. And dangerous. And.......and........and......

I know I'm being irrational, but teenage girls, boys, and the Internet do not mix. Oh, she may say they do, and even beg you to understand. But, I am here to tell you that I may not survive it.

She spends all her time in her room, talking on the phone, texting on the phone, chatting on Facebook. If I want to talk to her, I have to text her or private message her on Facebook. If I call for her up the stairs, she swears she doesn't hear me. I think I may lose my mind!

And this new "boyfriend," What's-his-name. I kid you not, they are "going out" as she puts it, yet she has never met him in person. Hell, he goes to the school in the next town over. BUT, a couple of her friends know him, they've been talking for forever, and she's seen pictures. That, my friends, is a solid foundation for a long-term commitment, right there.

0 comments: