My Motivation

As much as I'd like to think that I enjoy exercise and being healthy, the truth of the matter is, I don't. I hate exercise. I hate doing it. I hate thinking that I have to do it. I need motivation.

The ideal workout for me would include a companion that shares the same goals as me. Unfortunately, this isn't always possible, especially in this household. I am among same-minded people who feel that exercise is just too much work.

So, because I know exercise is important in a diabetic's life, I've found my motivation.


Introducing my very own invention (for the visually impaired, of course), my treadmill, complete with laptop at optimum viewing level. I never watch TV, but do watch my shows on the computer because it's easier for me to see. I tried watching our big TV while walking, but it was just too difficult to see. With the laptop, it's right in front of my face. I just pick the show I want to watch and walk. Doing this allows me to walk as long as my show is on, which is usually at least 45 minutes, if not more, and I don't even realize I've been walking that long! It's genius! 

Since I rigged this up, I've walked at least 2 miles a day every day! Sometimes more!

0 comments: