A New School Year

So, a new school year has begun. I'm dealing with mixed emotions this year. Most years, I am more than ready for the little angels to return to school and get out of my hair. This year, not so much. I'm glad for the quiet now that they are back in school, but I miss them. I look forward to them coming home and telling me all about their day.

I think they are growing up and becoming people I like to be around.

Tristan went back to college in Minnesota, and that was hard, even this year. I thought it would be different since this is his second year away from home, but it really wasn't. I still cried when he left. I haven't heard from him in two days. I hope he's alright.

I'm sure he is. I saw pictures of him on Facebook, looking like he was having a good time, so I guess that's all that counts. He's safe and happy, at least from a Facebook point of view. I'll take what I can get right now.

So, I'm off to be productive today.

Maybe.

0 comments: